· Doctor of Dental Medicine: Universidad de Cartagena - Colombia
· Masters of Science in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics: Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
· Ph.D.: Kanagawa Dental University, Yokosuka, Japan
· Clinical Associate Professor: Colombian Dental College, UNICOC
· Visiting Professor: Universidad de Cartagena - Colombia
· Member, E.H. Angle Society of Orthodontics North Atlantic Component
· IDEA (Interdisciplinary Dental Education Academy), Faculty, CA, USA
Dr. Roberto Luis Velásquez Torres
· Dr. Yoon Chang is passionate about creating beautiful and functional smiles which elevate his patients’ self-esteem and quality of life. He is continually amazed to observe the dramatic changes provided by orthodontic treatment in such a relatively short amount of time. Even more important to Dr. Chang is the confidence he witnesses in his patients when their treatment is complete.
· Dr. Chang’s interest in the orthodontic field began in high school when he saw the difference that orthodontic treatment made in his sister’s life. He realized that many opportunities and new social circles were opened to her after gaining a beautiful smile. From then on, he dreamed about being an orthodontist, creating beautiful smiles to those who seek his help.
· After graduating from Cayetano Heredia Peruvian University with his Doctorate of Dental Surgery, he pursued TMJ dysfunction training and the International Program in General Dentistry at Eastman Institute of Oral Health at the University of Rochester, NY. There, he learned how to relieve patients of TMJ and jaw pain. He also spent valuable time in molecular biology research, co-authoring three peer-reviewed journal papers and earning important regional research awards.
· Dr. Chang began the orthodontic residency program at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin where he earned his Certificate in Orthodontics, as well as a Master’s Degree in Science. During his orthodontic residency, Dr. Chang was awarded and published for his research in upper airway analysis using 3-D scan images.
· Dr. Chang is a firm believer that predictable and successful orthodontic results can only be obtained through accurate diagnosis and treatment planning. He often attends local and regional continuing education courses and aspires to provide his patients with efficient orthodontic treatments supported by evidence-based science, experience-based knowledge, and the latest technology. His goal as a clinician is to apply the most accurate information to address his patients’ orthodontic and aesthetic concerns, and also to create a positive impact on their overall health.
Copyright © 2019 Craniomandibular Interdisciplinary Center - All Rights Reserved.